[Proposal] One Sweet Day

6:18:00 PM



The biggest present comes in the smallest box.

We've been together for 9 years, as a young couple, many of our friends are teasing us when are we getting married. Although I'm sure that one day EJ will come to propose to me hehehe I had no idea what to feel and expect, and when, how he will ask that very sweet, "Will you marry me?" question.

We're on holiday last month. that time my mind was full of Cebu stuff, our hotel, itineraries, making sure that all is well, etc. I didn't notice that he was actually excited nervous preparing himself, getting ready for his proposal.

Saturday, December 27, 2014, we were at Sumilon, Island in Cebu. We went to Bluewater Sumilon Island after our whale sharks encounter at Oslob, Cebu. The experience was really great although we don't know how to swim. The island is a paradise, the water is crystal clear. It was not crowded as we expected it to be and the buffet lunch is superb.

After lunch, we walked around near the seashore. The place was calmed, relaxed, on the beach was only the two of us. We were taking lots of selfies. He leaves his camera to capture video and I don't have an idea that he will propose next. We stood near the beach, watching the sea and listening to the shore breeze. Not even for a second did I expect that beautiful scene was about to become one of the most meaningful moments of our lives. In fact, I was so surprised when EJ got down on one knee, I put down my knee on the sands as well.  I was completely blank! I thought he will confess something on me or he will tell me a problem.

EJ: Hon, may sasabihin ako sayo...
Glaiza: Anu yon hon..
(Bigla siyang lumuhod, sumunod din ako - napaupo ako)
EJ: (Natatawa) Tumayo ka hon
Glaiza: Bakit hon.. (nag-aalalang tanong ko)

And, then, I saw he opened his hand holding the ring.

Omg! There was an uncontrollable emotion of happiness and excitement inside of me that I can't explain. I didn’t have any words, I just said, "Yes!".  I was speechless and happy I cried.

The whole day we were just hanging out and having fun. I can't wait to spread the news and I posted on Facebook and Instagram.

Being engaged actually does feel a lot different. I feel like we were more mature. We started talking about our future much now. I noticed him becoming sweeter.  I love EJ so much.

Every time I look down to see my engagement ring there's something inside my head which I can't explain. It is very beautiful. One time, inside the church, EJ caught me staring at my ring and I saw him smiling big time.

This is my second ring, my engagement ring💍😍 I remember 5 months after we've been in a relationship (16 lang kame nun😝), EJ surprised me a ring as a sign of his love (nakanaks! yung #Unisilver 512K daw hehe) ❤️ and I have that ring for 9 years & 4 months. Natatawa pa nga rin ako pag naaalala kong pinang-tuktok ko yun sa bus minsan haha ayun nabasag tuloy 😝😆😉 Hahaha namiss ko lang yung ring na yun at sa araw-araw naman na-iinlove at nagagandahan ako dito sa ring ko na bago. ☺️💑 Minsan nga mapatingin lang ako dito napapangiti, nawawala problema ko haha ayeyiee..😘 Feeling so blessed, thankful and loved, ang sarap lang sa pakiramdam. Thank you, Lord!🙏 I never dreamed of owning and wearing such a beautiful diamond ring. To my fiancé @ejfrias thankyou and iloveyou forever!💋☺️
A photo posted by Glaiz (@bernaldezglaiza) on

On Facebook, our picture posted announcing our engagement hit many likes. The shower of love from our family and friends, plus the support from all them been overwhelming.

I’m so very grateful.

xoxo,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook